Friday 12 July 2013

"Everything is there in my books"

Everything Is There" - Srila Prabhupada 


"After 80 years, no one can be expected to live long. My life is almost ended. So you have to carry on, and these books will do everything."  SPC (BBT 1991) Room Conversation 18/02/76 
"There is no need by any of my disciples to read any books besides my 
books - in fact, such reading may be detrimental to their advancement 
in Krishna Consciousness. All reading of outside books, except in certain authorised cases such as for example to read some philosopher like Plato to make an essay comparing his philosophy with Krishna's philosophy - but otherwise all such outside reading should be stopped immediately. It is simply another botheration. If my students cannot even read my own books thoroughly, why they should read others? I have given you TLC, what need is there to read Caitanya Caritamrta translated by someone else. You are right to stop such reading." SPL (VI 1987) Govinda das 20/01/70 
"I have instructed everything in my books." SPL (VI 1987) Dina Dayala das 25/02/76 
"Please continue reading my books seriously and everything will be 
revealed to you."  SPL (VI 1987) Babhru and Satyaki 18/09/75 
"Whatever is to be learned of the teachings of Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura can be learned from our books. There is no need whatsoever for any outside instruction."  SPL (VI 1987) Gurukrpa Maharaja 25/12/75 
"So utilise whatever time you find to make a thorough study of my books. Then all your questions will be answered."  SPL (VI 1987) Upendra 07/01/76 
"If it is possible to go to the temple, then take advantage of the temple. A temple is a place where by one is given the opportunity to render direct devotional service to the Supreme Lord Sri Krishna. In conjunction with this you should always read my books daily and all your questions will be answered and you will have a firm basis of Krishna Consciousness. In this way your life will be perfect." SPL (VI 1987) Hugo Salemon 22/11/74 
"Every one of you must regularly read our books at least twice, in the morning and evening, and automatically all questions will beanswered."  SPL (VI 1987) Randhira 24/01/70 
"In my books the philosophy of Krsna Consciousness is explained fully so if there is anything you do not understand, then you simply have to read again and again. By reading daily the knowledge will be revealed to you and by this process your spiritual life will develop. [...] You may please me the most by reading the books and following the instructions therein and by becoming fully Krishna Conscious in this life time."  SPL (VI 1987) Brahmarupa das 22/11/74 
"Everyone can become a first class speaker. Simply cram the purports of my books. The references are there, the philosophy is there. Everything is there."  SPL (VI 1987) Gopijanavallabha das 19/09/74

Devotee: "Srila Prabhupada when you're not present with us, how is it 
possible to receive instructions? For example in questions that may 
arise..."
Srila Prabhupada: "Well the questions are answ... answers are there in my books."  SPC (BBT 1991) Los Angeles 13/05/73 
Srila Prabhupada: "Even a moments association with a pure devotee - 
all success!" 
Revitananda: "Does that apply to reading the words of a pure devotee?"
Srila Prabhupada: "Yes"
Revitananda: "Even a little association with your books has the same effect?"
Srila Prabhupada: "Effect. Of course it requires both things. One must be very eager to take it." 
SPC (BBT 1991) Room Conversation 13/12/70 
Paramahamsa: "My question is, a pure devotee, when he comments on 
Bhagavad Gita, someone who never sees him physically, but he just comes in contact with the commentary, explanation, is this the same thing?"
Srila Prabhupada: "Yes. You can associate with Krsna by reading Bhagavad-Gita. And these saintly persons, they have given theirexplanations, comments. So where is the difficulty?"
SPC (BBT 1991) Paris 11/06/74 
"There is nothing new to be said. Whatever I had to say, I have already said in my books. Now you must try to understand it andcontinue with your endeavours. Whether I am present or not does not matter."  SPC (BBT 1991) Vrndavan 17/05/77 
"If I depart there is no cause for lamentation. I will always be with you through my books and orders. I will always remain with you inthat way."  BTG (BBT 1977) December 1977 
Srila Prabhupada: "So in my absence you read the books. What I talk, I have written in my books. That's all."
Indian Man (2): "Personally, we think more greater."
Srila Prabhupada: "That's all right. But still, you can associate with me by reading my books."
SPC (BBT 1991) Toronto 07/08/75 
SPL - Srila Prabhupada Letters
SPC - Srila Prabhupada Conversations

Compilation credited to:
Jaya Kesava dasa

No comments:

Post a Comment