Friday 4 May 2012

Without Appointment there can NOT be any Diksa Guru

BY: VIDURA DAS
Haribol Madhudvisa Prabhu and Gadadhara Prabhu. I feel that the points made in my previous email were not properly addressed if addressed at all. If you want to claim that there can be another initiating Diksa Guru under the system that Srila Prabhupada has set up for Iskcon, then please address those points. I have pasted them again below.
If the claim that Srila Prabhupada authorized Diksa Guru’s cannot some how be proven but rather stated over and over emphatically then it is 100% sentiment and also speculation at that.  It seems that the real fanatic preachers are those without proof from Srila Prabhupada of their claims that He authorized any Diksa Guru’s to begin with.


Srila Prabhupada cannot be put in the same category of just any pure devotee. The fact is that Srila Prabhupada is the Acarya of our time. There may be many pure devotee’s, there may be none. That is not to say that Srila Prabhupada wasn’t “strong” enough to make one. That’s like saying: “since I am the fool that I am, and since I come from Lord Krsna, He must lack some strength.” Certainly that argument is highly offensive especially when applied to Srila Prabhupada. Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur made only one pure devotee that we know of (Srila Prabhupada). Is that to say His Divine Grace was some how lacking in “strength”? This is nonsense speculation.
A pure devotee can become an Acarya just as a man can become A judge. The man, before becoming a judge must first be qualified in quality by knowing the law books and possessing the knowledge and ability. Then, after all that, before the man can actually be known as a judge, he must be duly appointed by the law. To simply state that a man is a judge just because he has the qualification is not sufficient. One must be authorized by the predecessor spiritual master. This is the final step in the process. It cannot be skipped. I may possess all of the qualities of a judge, I may know the law books like the back of my hand, but still, I am not a judge without being appointed by the law.

I would also like to thank Mahesh Prabhu for providing a nice quote regarding this matter. Here it is again:

Prabhupada: Yes. I shall choose some guru. I shall SAY, Now you become ACARYA. You become authorized.” I am waiting for that. You become all acarya. I retire completely. But the training must be complete.
 Srila Prabhupada Room Conversation, Bombay, April 22, 1977

With that said, please show me proof where Srila Prabhupada appoints anyone to become Diksa Guru.

Ys, Vidura Das

4 comments:

  1. Very well said, Prabhu. I wish that these people can read and understand clearly what Srila Prabhupada says. Only those personally motivated " WANNA BE A GURU " no matter what can bring out so many of the quotes from Sastra to prove their motivated point of view. A real Sadhu is not attached at all for any sort of PRATHISTA regardless what it is because a Sadhu is so humble, spotless, lower than the blade of grass and tolerant like the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Srila Prabhupada Lecture on Bhagavad-gita, Nairobi, October 28, 1975:

    Brahmananda: He's asking when did you become the spiritual leader of Krsna consciousness?

    Prabhupada: When my Guru Maharaja ordered me. This is the guru-parampara.

    Indian: Did it...

    Prabhupada: Try to understand. Don't go very speedily. A guru can become guru when he's ordered by his guru. That's all. Otherwise nobody can become guru.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some fools who say even Srila Prabhupada was not directly ordered or authorized by HDG Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakur Here Srila Prabhupada himself answers those fools-- Prabhupada: When my Guru Maharaja ordered me. This is the guru-parampara.

      Delete
  3. ‎"Self-made guru cannot be guru. HE MUST BE AUTHORIZED BY THE BONA FIDE GURU.Then he's guru. This is the fact...Similarly, bona fide guru means he must be authorized by the superior guru."
    (Srila Prabhupada Lecture on Nectar of Devotion, October 31. 1972)

    ‎"One should take initiation from a bona fide spiritual master coming in the disciplic succession, who is AUTHORIZED BY HIS PREDECESSOR SPIRITUAL MASTER. This is called diksa-vidhana."
    (Srimad Bhagavatam 4.8.54, purport)

    “Vallabha Bhaṭṭa wanted to be initiated by Gadādhara Paṇḍita, but Gadādhara Paṇḍita refused, saying, ‘The work of acting as a spiritual master is not possible for me. I am completely dependent. My Lord is Gauracandra, Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu. I cannot do anything independently, without His order.’” (Cc. Antya 7.150. 151)

    ReplyDelete